One of my favorite things about Instagram is that even when you’re sitting on your couch at home, the images can take you to locations around the globe. When I’m not in Paris I can still catch a glimpse of it’s daily magic through some of my favorite Paris based Instagram accounts. There are dozens that I love and follow but here is a short list of my daily must-see accounts. (Start at top row and go from left to right)
1) Lost n Cheeseland: American writer Lindsay Traumata fell in love with a Frenchmen and never looked back. I have been reading her blog going on four years and love her updates on life in Paris and beautifully curated account.
2) Chef Jean Francois Piege: Words cannot express how incredible Chef Piege’s gourmet creations taste let alone look. I love seeing what new flavor profiles and signature dishes he showcases at his gastronomique (opening soon in a new location), restaurant Clover in Saint-Germain, and food travels with wife Elodie.
3) W Paris Opera: Get the scoop on the latest events, yoga classes, and boutique collaborations at the W Hotel Paris Opera. And a stunning view of the Opera Garnier
4) Colette: One of my favorite boutiques in Paris, complete with a cafe and water bar. Whether just to browse the latest ready-to-wear collections or cool artist collaborations, it’s a must stop every time I’m in the City of Lights. Their book table is also one not to miss and curated with some of the coolest art and photography books in the world.
5) Making Magique: Writer, photographer Haleigh Chastain Walsworth shares her life and the spirit of Paris in a very magical way. I love her work so much; that I enlisted her to shoot the images for BRIGHT LIGHTS PARIS.
6) HolyBelly Cafe: One of my favorite spots for petit-dejeuner in Paris, the crew at Holybelly always treat you to a good time while enjoying their delicious featured dishes which change monthly. I love being able to see all the fun they are having even when I’m not in Paris.
7) Parisian Floors: If you love Paris & the instagram account, ‘I Have This Thing With Floors,’ then this is one for you. One Parisian gentleman in Paris photographing the beautiful floors all over town. He even geotags the location so you can find them too.
8) Pret-A-Voyager: Uber creative Anne Ditmeyer shares her love of design and attention to detail through her imagery of Paris. I especially love her posts on the city’s many specialty design and home decor shops.
9) David Lebovitz: One of my favorite pastry chefs (I’m obsessed with this cookbook) I love that he shows the funny side of Paris’s humorous French ads with incorrect English grammar and his many culinary adventures around the globe.
Who are your favorite instagrammers to follow?
Pre-Order BRIGHT LIGHTS PARIS